When should I see a Physiotherapist?
There are many instances when it is appropriate and beneficial to consult a physiotherapist. Some of these include:
- If you have sustained an injury
- If you have swelling, bruising or deformity of a body part
- If you are experiencing joint stiffness, pain or ache (particularly if your symptoms have persisted for greater than 3 days)
- If you are limping or protecting a limb due to pain
- If you are experiencing pins and needles or numbness
- If your limbs collapse or give way occasionally
- If you have postural problems
- If you need advice on improving strength, flexibility, balance or fitness
- If you need advice on injury prevention or other aspects of musculoskeletal health
- If you require treatment for an injury
- If you wish to improve your physical performance for sport
- If you are planning a return to sport or activity following a prolonged period of inactivity
As a general rule, if you are unsure, it is always better to consult a professional rather than not seek advice.